I'm a product designer with 9 years of experience in UX and UI design for mobile apps (iOS, Android) and occasionally, websites, with a strong passion in UX research. I have worked in companies of all sizes - from startups, to mid-size, to large corporate companies. I graduated with a BFA from Carnegie Mellon University, and currently live and work in NYC.
Aside from work, I have a 15-year-old cat who has been featured on ICanHasCheezBurger.com, ICanHasCheezBurger Daily Calendar (available on Amazon), and The New York Times. You can check out her Instagram here.
The best way to reach me is by email: email@example.com or LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aslai/
Basically any sport with a racquet or paddle
XBox Dance Central
NYC real estate
While I usually cook, I like to bake every now and then. See past baking projects here.
One of my more recent hobbies I've discovered is needle felting.
States I've Explored
• New Mexico
• North Carolina
• South Carolina
• New Jersey*
• New York**
• Rhode Island
* Lived there at one point
** Live there currently
Countries I've Explored
• The Bahamas
• About Face: The Essentials of Interaction Design, by Alan Cooper
• Lean Analytics: Use Data to Build a Better Startup Faster, by Alistair Croll & Benjamin Yoskovitz
• UX For Lean Startups, by Laura Klein
• The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership, by John C. Maxwell
• Developing the Leader Within You, by John C. Maxwell
• Relentless: From Good to Great to Unstoppable, by Tim. S Grover
• Spy The Lie, Philip Houston, et al.
• What Every Body Is Saying, by Joe Navarro
Some of my past reading:
• Talk Like TED: The 9 Public-Speaking Secrets of the World's Top Minds, by Carmine Gallo
• Declutter Your Mind: How to Stop Worrying, Relieve Anxiety, and Eliminate Negative Thinking, by S.J. Scott and Barrie Davenport
• Crucial Conversations Tools for Talking When Stakes Are High, by Kerry Patterson, et al.
• Influencer, The New Science of Leading Change, Second Edition, by Joseph Grenny, et al.
• Unleash the Power of Storytelling: Win Hearts, Change Minds, Get Results, by Rob Biesenbach
• Information Architecture: For the Web and Beyond, by Louis Rosenfeld, Peter Morville & Jorge Arango
• How to Make Sense of Any Mess, by Abby Covert
• Org Design for Design Orgs, by Peter Merholz & Kristin Skinner
• UX Strategy, by Jaime Levy
• Articulating Design Decisions, by Tom Greever
• User Story Mapping, by Jeff Patton
• Lean UX, by Jeff Gothelf and Josh Seiden
• Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products, by Nir Eyal
• Don’t Make Me Think, by Steve Krug
• The Design of Everyday Things, by Don Norman
• Inspired: How to Create Products Customers Love, by Marty Cagan
• Universal Principles of Design, by William Lidwell